2020 Health Tip Highlights
Wow. Can you believe how fast 2020 has come and gone?
And so much has happened in the world of health in 2020…
- A pandemic exploded
- Causing us to question our personal health status and the response to the pandemic
- A vaccine was quickly created and has recently been rolled out
And what didn’t happen was a conversation about how we got to a pandemic in the first place. As we work to reverse the pandemic, it’s also important to explore what led to it so we can reduce the risk of one in the future.
Some of the most common correlations for risk factors and the spread have been:
- Pre-existing chronic disease such as Diabetes or autoimmunity
- High blood glucose (sugar) levels
- Low Vitamin D levels
All of which are preventable, reversible or managed better with a healthy lifestyle and eating habits.
On average, it takes almost 18 years for this type of new information to hit your doctor’s desk; so more and more people are turning away from conventional medicine due to the lack of solutions and seeking more personalized care from functional and holistic health-minded professionals like myself.
As I’ve been saying since this pandemic hit, most people need to experience a catastrophic event (i.e. a health scare) to realize they need to do something about their health, and the majority of this year has been a global catastrophic event.
Life gives us exactly what we need when we need it, we just have to be open to receive it.
This year forced a LOT of change. It forced us to change the way we look at the world, the way we look at our health and what we prioritize in our lives.
What has been important to you?
For some it has been toilet paper, and for others it’s been making sure they have high quality food in the fridge.
While I was re-evaluating my priorities, it seems this year has been calling us to:
- Slow down
- Let go of being busy
- Look inward instead of out
- Be with yourself and those closest to you
- Practice patience and hold space for health
- Take time to create and contemplate what is really important
Interestingly, these are also basic practices that help you to build and maintain your health, and they have been pivotal parts of my health journey that helped me reverse Hashimotos, balance my hormones, restore my energy and get back to my ideal body.
As the (W)holistic Health Boss, my mission is to help keep you up to speed on the latest information, tips, tools and resources so you can find the missing pieces to your health puzzle and feel like yourself again or for the very first time.
This year, I’ve written over 50 blogs and hundreds of social media posts to educate and empower you about the right lab tests and resources you need to feel like your best self again (or for the very first time).
But if you’re anything like me, then life has surely been busy and maybe you’ve missed a few of the important things I had to share with you.
So to close out 2020, I’ve compiled the top tips and pieces of information I shared this year in hopes that these will give you the insights you need to kick off 2021 with a healthy bang!
Even if you read them the first time, read them again. A new golden nugget of information just might jump out at you!
As you reflect on the year, take a moment to envision what you want for yourself and your health in 2021.
Do you want more energy?
To feel great in your body again?
To finally put your digestive issues, anxiety or crappy nights of sleep to rest?
All so you can feel healthy, strong, free and limitless to be adventurous and live life to the fullest every day?
If so, then 2021 is your year.
I’m currently taking a limited number of clients and offering a 20% discount for the month of January on all of my coaching packages for those who want to start 2021 strong with a personalized, yet strategic health-building plan that is realistic and produces long-lasting results.
If you’re ready to take back control of your health and feel like your best self, schedule a complimentary Ideal Health & Weight Discovery Session here to explore the possibilities.
And enjoy these top health tips from 2020!
Top Instagram Posts
- Gargle to Improve Digestion: strengthening the Vagus Nerve to reduce bloating
- Know Your Thyroid Numbers: conventional vs functional thyroid hormone ranges
- Intermittent Fasting Doesn’t Work: what you need to know about intermittent fasting
Top Blog Posts
- Have You Tried These?: health-supporting products I LOVE and how they’ve helped me feel like myself again
- 3 Steps to a Flat Stomach for Summer: so you can feel comfortable in your own skin
- Your Pandemic Diet Plan: tips for changing your diet that will help you not only get through this pandemic but also come out the other side feeling healthier than ever
Top Facebook Videos
- Stop Food Cravings in Their Tracks: the importance of sleep
- How to Shed Pounds While You Sleep: avoid the Corona-15!
- Stop Food Cravings in Their Tracks: balancing your carbs, proteins and fats
Wishing you a new year full of peace, balance and more joy!