Did you know that average adult uses 9 or more personal care products each day, exposing themselves to over 126 unique chemical ingredients?
Have you ever checked your personal care products to see how many chemicals you might be exposing yourself to on a daily basis?
Even small doses of chemical exposures can cause symptoms such as headaches, brain fog, light sensitivity, hormone imbalances and fatigue.
Many of the chemicals found in personal care products have been classified as carcinogens, meaning they cause cancer, or as endocrine disruptors, meaning they disrupt hormones and can lead to infertility issues (in both men and women), painful or irregular periods, more intense PMS symptoms, acne, headaches, night sweats, low energy, insomnia, hyper or hypothyroidism, autoimmunity and much more.
I know it can be tough to give up your old reliable personal care products. Once upon a time, I decided to break up with my M.A.C. cosmetics, Aveda haircare and big brand labels, too, in order to support my health on a greater level.
It took time to find the right replacements and alternative brands that I could trust. Now, I have a completely non-toxic line of beauty, skin and hair products that I love.
This is why I’m challenging you to “Tackle the Toxins” in your personal care products and incentivizing you to do it!
By transitioning your personal care products to non-toxic brands and minimizing the toxic load on your body, you can start to reverse any existing health issues and promote preventing them in the future.
Here’s how the challenge works…
For each non-toxic BeautyCounter product you purchase (to replace something toxic that you’re using) through September 30th, you will receive one entry into a raffle to win a DUTCH Complete Hormone Test, plus a 90-minute results review and recommendation session with me ($750+ value).
Buy one product = 1 raffle entry
Buy three products = 3 raffle entries
Buy five products = 5 raffle entries!
It’s that simple!
I selected BeautyCounter’s products as part of this Tackle the Toxins Challenge for a number of reasons…
- Out of all the non-toxic brands I’ve tried, I love the quality and consistency of BeautyCounter’s the most.
- From an ethical standpoint, they are a brand I can get behind; they advocate for stricter product guidelines, give back to the community and are a certified B-Corp.
- Their ingredient list is the strictest one in the industry and they are fully transparent about it.
- They require certificates of purity from their partners and require them to use non-GMO and non-toxic materials.
- Every product is tested every 3 months at a minimum and every single batch of color cosmetics is tested for hidden heavy metals.
Some of my personal favorite BeautyCounter products include:
- No. 1 Brightening Facial (and the balancing one)
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation Linen
- All eye shadows and powder blushes
- Touch Up Skin Concealer Pen
- Nourishing Cream Cleanser
- Rejuvenating Face Cleanser
- Nourishing Day Cream
- Charcoal Face Mask
- Eye Liner Pencil
- And Bronzer
They have a ton of great kid’s and men’s products too!
Now, you might be wondering, what is so great about the DUTCH Complete Hormone Test giveaway?
The DUTCH test is one of the most comprehensive sex hormone and adrenal test on the market for understanding what is happening in the body as it relates to hormone balance.
This test has all of the critical markers to truly evaluate your adrenal function and hormone balance including:
- DHEA-S, Daily Free Cortisol and Cortisone Patterns
- Testosterone, DHT, DHEA (PLUS their androgens and metabolites)
- Estrogen and Progesterone (PLUS their metabolites and pathways)
- Melatonin, Serotonin, Dopamine, Norepi/Epinephrine and Oxidative Stress
- And nutritional elements related to hormones such as Glutathione, B12 and B6
Along with the test, you’ll also get to meet with me via phone or video call for an in-depth 90-minute results review session to go over your results and my personalized recommendations for you in regards to diet, sleep, exercise, stress reduction and supplements to improve or maintain your cortisol and hormone health!
All you have to do to win is Tackle the Toxins in your personal care products!
The more non-toxic BeautyCounter products you purchase to replace your old and toxic ones, the greater your chances of winning!
To participate in the challenge and for a chance to win, purchase your non-toxic BeautyCounter products here by September 30th.
To learn more about the toxins that might be lurking your personal care products, check out the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database…
And this exclusive webinar I recently did for my clients about Clean Personal Care Products. Access the webinar here.
Let me know if you have questions about what toxins might be lurking in your products and which alternative non-toxic ones you might want to try!