Rituals to feel and look your best [tips inside]
Last week I had the pleasure of being interviewed by a dear friend of mine and fellow recovered corporate career-type crusader, Amber Wientzen, for her upcoming Return of Ritual Online Show that will be airing in January.
During the interview, we talked about the rituals I have created that allow me to look and feel my best, be uber productivity and achieve my version of optimal health.
For the longest time I sacrificed my health in pursuit of my career and success, and I didn’t have any supportive rituals in place.
Sure, I ate healthy and exercised on a daily basis BUT in spite of my efforts, I still felt fat, sick and tired all of the time. My body needed more.
Healthy is a way of being, not just doing.
You can do “all the healthy things” but at the end of the day if you’re still living your life like a maniac and stimulating the stress response, you’re going to fall short when it comes to your weight and health goals.
In order to balance my hormones, lose weight, get my energy back, reverse Hashimotos and heal from mold illness, I had to take a look at who I was being that contributed to what I was experiencing.
The way I was navigating life wasn’t in alignment with my health and weight goals. I used to:
- Wake up with urgency and stressing about the day – stress response triggered
- Immediately grab a coffee and sit down to tackle my email – stimulate stress more
- Workout super hard to work off what I ate or drank – deplete the body even more
- Rush through breakfast or eat it on the road – stress the digestive system
- Work late and rush home to eat dinner – more digestive stress
And I see so many of my clients, and people in general, doing the same thing – eating healthy and exercising daily but moving through life at warped speed behaving in a way that doesn’t really support what they are trying to achieve.
Moving through life like this diminishes your ability to digest food properly and absorb nutrients, degrades your intestinal health, dysregulates your stress hormone cortisol and creates a downstream effect causing other hormone imbalances which all lead to weight gain, low energy, autoimmune issues and other health conditions.
The routine, or as Amber and I like to call it, rituals, that I have in place now to support my best health and life, look much different than before but they actually don’t require a lot of time, money or effort.
Here’s a glimpse of what my morning ritual look like now to support my ideal health and weight…
- 5:40am wake up and snuggle for 5 minutes with my fur kids and hubby
- Take morning supplements and prep food for my day
- Do 20 minute meditation then exercise for 30-60 minutes
- Start work around 9 or 9:30am
In this week’s video and blog, I share 10 easy rituals I do so you can implement them to support your ideal health, boost your energy and lose weight too!
I often say that…
…“in order to have your ideal health and weight, you have to learn how to navigate life differently.”
Because the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. So if you’re “doing all the right things” but not getting the results you want, then it’s time to take a look at who you are being and how that might be getting in the way of reaching your goals.
Over time I made small shifts to transform my stress-stimulating habits to more supportive and stress-relieving rituals. I stopped checking email first thing in the morning. I switched from coffee to tea. I created a meditation practice before bed and I loved how it made me feel so much that over time I added it to my morning routine as well.
Here are 10 easy rituals I do that you can too in order to support your ideal health and weight:
- Wake up without urgency – let your body wake up leisurely
- Drink 30 oz of water before 10am and drink another 30 oz by 2pm
- Gargle 3-5 x a week to boost digestion and brain health
- Swap coffee for Pique’s Matcha Green Tea or your fav flavor
- Do 5 minutes or more of deep breathing or meditation at least 1 x day
- Exercise in the morning to balance your circadian (aka hormone) rhythm
- Inhale for 5 seconds, hold for 5 and exhale for 7 – repeat 10 x before each meal
- Set your phone’s automatic Do Not Disturb feature from 9pm – 7am
- Take a walk after dinner to decompress and connect with your family
- Enhance your efforts with a castor oil pack for 45-min. at least 3-5 x week while watching TV, reading your favorite book and/or meditating before bed
Rocking rituals like these will allow you to feel and look your best always so you can create greater wealth, health and success in your life!
Leave a comment and let me know which new rituals you’re going to try!