Sweating It Out (LITERALLY!)
I would typically tell you not to sweat the small stuff in life because the adverse affects of the stress on your health just aren’t worth it.
However, the there are a TON of health benefits related to the actual act of sweating and there is one thing you should be sweating over, literally, no matter how small it may be.
I’m referring to Endocrine-disrupting Chemicals, aka EDC’s.
Studies show that even tiny amounts of these hazardous chemicals can have a huge influence on your overall health.
“For decades, studies of endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs) have challenged traditional concepts in toxicology, in particular the dogma of “the dose makes the poison,” because EDCs can have effects at low doses that are not predicted by effects at higher doses.”
These chemicals have been categorized as EDC’s because they specifically affect your Endocrine System which houses these extremely important organs:
- Thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Pituitary gland
- Adrenal glands
- Pineal gland and pancreas
- Hypothalamus and thymus glands
This network of glands and organs known as the Endocrine System are responsible for everything from fertility and sex drive, to weight loss, energy levels, mood balance, hair loss or growth, body temperature and much more!
When you’re endocrine system is on the fritz, it takes the whole body down with it. EDC’s and disruption of the endocrine system can cause thyroid issues, infertility, diabetes, cancerous tumors, birth defects, other developmental disorders and a long list of other health issues.
The most commonly known endocrine disrupting chemical is BPA which is widely found in a variety of plastic products, as well as canned foods and even cash register receipt paper.
But EDC’s can also be found in:
- Personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners and lotions
- Unfiltered cooking or drinking water
- Household cleaning products
- Non-organic produce and meat products
If you’ve been feeling sluggish, un-motivated, bloated or just not like yourself, then EDC’s could certainly be at play disrupting your endocrine system and hormonal balance.
If you’ve been dealing with a thyroid issue, adrenal fatigue and/or leaky gut then EDC’s are definitely a factor for you and eliminating them is a HUGE healing opportunity.
In this week’s video and blog, I sweat out endocrine-disrupting chemicals in the sauna while diving into more detail about how to minimize your exposure and support your body’s natural detoxification of these toxic chemicals.
***insert video and images linking back to blog***
It’s practically impossible to avoid endocrine-disrupting chemicals in this day and age. They are hidden everywhere: plastic water bottles, paper receipts, commercial cleaning products, etc.
But there are ways to minimize your exposure and to support your body’s natural process of detoxification to help move these harmful particles out of your body.
To minimize exposure to EDC’s you can do simple things such as:
- Ditching plastic and using glass or stainless steel instead
- Swapping out your personal care products for BPA, paraben and allergen free ones
- Opting for electronic receipts when possible and BPA free canned goods
- Eating organic and hormone free meat products
- Stocking your home with natural and environmentally friendly cleaning products
Getting your sweat on daily is one of the biggest ways you can help to move these harmful endocrine-disrupting chemicals out of your body.
To support your body further in detoxing EDC’s and other chemicals you can also:
- Do dry body brushing regularly
- Eat the most powerful detoxifying foods such as beets, grapefruit and dandelion greens
- Take a daily liver support supplement
- Sit in an infrared sauna a few times per week
- Alternate cold and hot water in the shower for a “flushing” effect
- Exercise daily
Minimizing and detoxing EDC’s has been a huge part of healing my adrenal fatigue, leaky gut, Hashimoto’s (an autoimmune thyroid disorder), restoring balance to my hormones and journey towards optimal health. It’s also a main cornerstone in the health re-building programs that I create for my clients.
To learn more about EDC’s, other toxins, how they impact your health and what you can do about them, join me tonight!!!!
FREE Online Workshop – The Truth About Toxins & How To Detox Them
When: TONIGHT! March 2nd at 6pm PT/ 9pm ET
What we’ll cover:
- How toxins are draining your energy by contributing to thyroid, adrenal, gut and overall health dysfunction
- Where toxins are hiding in your home and what you can do about it
- Why juicing doesn’t work for detoxing toxins and what you should be doing instead
- How to support your body’s daily detoxing abilities without expensive supplements and juices
REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOP HERE!
You’ll definitely want to attend this webinar if…
- You suffer from a thyroid condition, adrenal fatigue or gut issues and possibly other unexplained health problems
- You need caffeine to make it through the day and constantly crave carbs or sweets
- You’re ready to get rid of stubborn and embarrassing belly bloat for good!
- You’ve put on a few pounds (or more!), don’t know why and no matter what you do for exercise and diet they won’t budge
- You want to cleanse your body but fear giving up your favorite foods, investing in expensive juices or supplements
If you can’t make it live, no worries! A recording will be made available to everyone who registers.
REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOP HERE!