The Root Of All Disease
It is so fascinating that all disease, health issues and conditions such as weight gain, thyroid imbalances, adrenal fatigue, low energy, high cholesterol, cancer, alzheimer’s, brain fog and more have one thing in common.
Inflammation is the root of all disease. It slowly and silently brings people to their wit’s end about their health, and can even kill.
“The presence of inflammation is what makes most disease perceptible to an individual. It can and often does occur for years before it exists at levels sufficient to be apparent or clinically significant. How long it has been smoldering really determines the degree of severity of a disease and often the prognosis assuming the inflammation can be controlled. One could also argue that without inflammation, most disease would not even exist.” – Dr. Mercola
Inflammation is not something widely talked about in your typical doctor’s office, unless it relates to a fractured bone, bruise, concussion or other physical injuries. Yet inflammation is the body’s number one response to any kind of invader in the body (viruses, colds, flus, gut bugs) and a signal that something just isn’t right!
What’s tough is that dangerous inflammation can not always be seen, felt or heard so it often times goes undetected and overlooked.
There are two kinds of inflammation:
- Acute – a brief response to injury or illness lasting only a few days
- Chronic- when it stops being acute and remains as a low level constant response to ongoing stress on the body
Acute inflammation is a healthy response that allows your body to repair and heal, but when it becomes chronic is when it becomes problematic.
Chronic inflammation is when your body is so overwhelmed by the causes of inflammation that is loses its ability to turn off the inflammatory response. This overly active inflammatory response leads to damaged tissue, resulting in conditions such as leaky gut, autoimmunity, heart disease, arthritis, alzheimer’s and much more.
In addition, your cortisol hormone (also known as your stress hormone) is your body’s natural anti-inflammatory agent. When inflammation is high and chronic, this disrupts natural cortisol balance triggering a domino effect on other hormones such as thyroid, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone which disrupt your sleep, cause weight gain and drain your energy.
In this week’s video and blog I help you determine if chronic inflammation is playing a role in your biggest health issues and what you can do to reverse it!
You might be wondering why don’t we have a cure for everything if we know that inflammation is the root of all disease?
Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer to that question. However, I can tell you that when I address inflammation in my clients, they start feeling better immediately and eventually are even able to reverse their health conditions.
How do you know if chronic inflammation is affecting you?
Any of the following symptoms could be signs of chronic inflammation, especially if you have two or more:
- Allergies or asthma (especially if it progressively gets worse)
- Constant body aches and pains (muscle and joint)
- High blood pressure or cholesterol
- Restless sleep, fatigue and/or lethargy
- Diagnosed with any autoimmune disorder (Hashimoto’s, Colitis, Celiac, Crohn’s, etc.)
- Get sick with a cold, flu or virus multiple times a year
- Bouts of anxiety and/or depression
- Constipation and/or diarrhea
- Skin rashes, acne and breakouts
All of us suffer from some inflammation from time to time. You might even be able to pinpoint times when it is worse such as during a full moon when extra fluid is being pulled in your body by the extra gravitational pull with the full moon.
But as Dr. Mercola said “It (inflammation) can and often does occur for years before it exists at levels sufficient to be apparent or clinically significant.”
The accumulation of triggers for inflammation over time burden the body, eventually resulting in chronic inflammation. This is why we feel it more as we get older, not just because we are getting older, but because more time has passed for inflammation to accumulate.
How can you reverse the effects of chronic inflammation?
Reducing inflammation for each person can be different depending on what their top triggers are, but in general( for everyone) here are the most important things you can do to reduce your inflammation daily:
- Avoid inflammatory foods such as gluten, dairy, soy, added sugar and alcohol
- Eat organic fruits and veggies free of herbicides and pesticides
- Minimize environmental toxins in drinking water, air, personal care and cleaning products
- Have an outlet for mental/emotional stress such as meditation, yoga or deep breathing
Understanding what triggers inflammation for you and taking steps to reduce it is one of the ways you can unlock answers about your health, reduce your risk for disease and prolong your life.
Join me TODAY, January 19th at 6pm PT/ 9pm ET for a FREE ONLINE CLASS Map Your Symptoms & Unlock Answers To Your Health where we’ll be diving into more detail about signs and symptoms of chronic inflammation, triggers and what you can do to reverse it!
In this free online class you will:
- Decipher your symptoms and what your body is trying to tell you
- Map out and connect the dots to look at the big picture of your health
- Understand your healing opportunities related to adrenal, thyroid and gut function
- Get clear on exactly what you can do next to restore balance and start feeling like yourself again
It’s time to get clear on what’s making you feel fat, sick and tired all the time so you can finally fix what’s wrong and get back to feeling like yourself again, too!
I’d like to listen to the recorded version of your Jan 19th on line class since I missed that. I just listened to your talk, “the root of all disease” and found it very interesting.
I’m so sorry that I am just seeing your message here! You can still access the recording if you didn’t already. Here is the link for you- https://wholistichealthboss.com/map-your-symptoms/